novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
16 Mar 2020
Family Medicine of South Bend is closely monitoring the World Health Organization (WHO) and Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines relating to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) to ensure the safety of our patients and staff.
We are encouraging patients who have the following symptoms to please not come into our office:
- Been in close contact with someone that has the virus or traveled to Category 3 zones or Category 2 within the United States
- Fever of 100.0 and higher
- Shortness of Breath
- Muscle Aches
Med Point and South Bend Clinic Urgent Care are able to triage your symptoms and provide testing if needed. Please contact them first before going to their facility. You can also contact the St. Joseph County Health Department.
We are committed to providing a safe and clean environment for our patients. Our team is taking extra precautions in cleaning our lobby, restrooms, door handles and exam rooms.
Family Medicine is also limiting the visitors to our office and we are asking patients to bring only one other adult with you if necessary.
Also, you should take the necessary precautions to ensure your health and safety:
- Avoid close contact with anyone that has been exposed to the virus or been sick
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and running water while rubbing hands vigorously for 20 seconds and/or alcohol-based sanitizers
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Clean and sanitize surfaces and frequently touched objects
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time of uncertainty. We will continue to keep you updated with any changes as they are made aware.