Our general policy is to expect payment at the time of service, although we will file claims for insurance reimbursement as noted below. If payment is not received from your insurance company within 30-45 days, you are ultimately responsible for payment and will be billed accordingly.
Family Medicine files all network insurance claims for our patients and participates with many insurance networks and PPO plans. Please know that if your insurance company is part of a network that we do not participate with, payment will be expected at the time of service.
- If you are a new patient, please plan to arrive to your first appointment 15 minutes early to allow time for us to gather your insurance information.
- Please remember to bring your insurance card to every visit. We will request to view your insurance card at your first visit each calendar month to insure your account is being billed correctly.
- Co-payments required by your insurance will be expected at the time of service, as this is a financial obligation between you and your health plan. Failure to pay your co-pay at the time of service will result in a $15.00 co-pay billing charge.
- If you have an insurance deductible that has not been met, you will be asked to pay that amount at the time of service.
- Family Medicine will file your claim to a secondary insurance once.
- Should there be no response from the initial billing, we will gladly mail you the standard claim form to assist you in filing with your insurance a second time.
For our patients without insurance
While we recognize that health care expenses are often unplanned, our hope is that our policies will prepare you in advance should you find yourself either in a lapse of insurance coverage or if you do not carry health insurance benefits.
The following outlines our payment policy for the following services.
- Full payment is expected on the day service is rendered. A cost estimate will be provided when you schedule your appointment.
- To prevent the possibility of being denied service the day of your appointment, we recommend that if you have no insurance, you arrive prepared to pay in full.
MVA & accidental injury
If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident or have been injured somewhere other than work, payment in full is expected at the time of service. You will be given a receipt in order to be reimbursed from any auto and/or personal liability insurance carrier. Family Medicine does not file litigation claims.
If you have been injured at work and need to see one of our physicians, please remember to bring with you to your appointment all worker comp information such as case number, worker comp carrier and address. Family Medicine will file a claim for you if this information is provided. If we are unable to verify it is a worker comp claim, then payment in full is due at the time service.
Method of Payment
For your convenience, Family Medicine accepts cash, check and MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express. Family Medicine charges $25.00 for any returned checks.
If you wish for your physician to complete a form for you, such as an FMLA, Disability, Life Insurance, etc., there will be a $15.00 administrative fee for each form. This fee must be paid prior to the completion of the form.